€ 1.6 million open call for web 3.0 innovators to develop blockchain-related solutions
The EU-funded project ONTOCHAIN is calling all Web 3.0 innovators to apply for its third open call and co-develop a new software ecosystem for trusted, traceable, and transparent ontological knowledge management.
ONTOCHAIN offers a 10-month supporting programme with grants up to € 119.500 (equity-free), coaching, access to top infrastructure (iExec and MyIntelliPatent), visibility and joint exploitation opportunities. A total budget of € 1.673.000 is available to empower the best projects.
The ONTOCHAIN Open Call 3 will support the development of interoperable and sustainable applications that employ both Semantic Web and Blockchain concepts to enhance data quality aspects (E.g. high-level semantics, completeness, data uniqueness, timeliness, validity, integrity, privacy, consistency, assets trading and monetization, tokenomics principles, the use of application-level proofs and decentralised digital identities) and the trustworthiness of data communication and handling processes. Applications should be able to build on top of software services of the ONTOCHAIN ecosystem, and should cover real needs of end users from various vertical domains/vital sectors of the European economy.
How it works?
Applicants must submit a proposal addressing one of the following topics:
- Service Integration (Gateways APIs) for ONTOCHAIN applications
- Semantic Matching and Reasoning
- Energy-efficient and sustainable hosting infrastructure for the ONTOCHAIN software ecosystem and services
- Semantic Digital Logbooks for Companies, Buildings, Cars or similar
- Decentralised Fact Checking and Data Credibility for Social Content
- Decentralized Online Semantic Social Networks
- Semantic energy data management
- Smart City Applications relying on Trustworthy Semantic Metadata
- Automotive, e.g., electric vehicle charging, road side management, car insurance, communication interoperability
- Distribution Logistics / Supply Chains Using Trustworthy Semantic Data
- Data/Digital content /Multimedia marketplace, including social media
- Semantics-based DAO
- Decentralised Public Services & Common Goods
- Remote Presence/Working and Metaverse
- Any other application aligned with ONTOCHAIN objectives
Applications are open on F6S until the 25th of July 2022, at 17:00 CEST.
Potential applicants can join the ONTOCHAIN Summit on the 1st and 2nd of July to learn more about the ONTOCHAIN ecosystem and everything that is needed to submit a successful application.
After the evaluation process described in the Guide for Applicant, up to 14 projects will be selected to join the programme.
All the information about the ONTOCHAIN Open Call 3 is available at: